PID is a disease that affects the pelvis-thr female reproductive organs consisting of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix.
Bacteria Infection if untreated can travel from the vagina through the cervix and into the pelvic region to cause PID.
Majorly bacteria infections like gonorrhea, chlamydia, coliforms gram positive bacteria.
- Lower abdominal pain
- Lots of vaginal discharge mostly foul smelling
- Frequent Urination
- Painful Sex
- Irregular bleeding
Note that some women might not show symptoms, and men are Carries and sometimes do not show symptoms too.
WAYS TO PREVENT PID
- Practise good hygiene
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet
- Practise safe sex
- Make sure your partner get treated as you.
- Always complete your medication to avoid re infection.
- Untreated PID can cause
- Discomfort, high fever,
- Blockage of the fallopian tubes, damages to the uterus and difficulty in getting pregnant.
At our facility, you can get tested if you have any of the symptoms